Hey there, Britney here. I’m a “Type – A” creative on a journey to balance the organized chaos that is my life.
The purpose of this blog is to inspire everyday style for work and play, as well as simple recipes + organizing tips that won’t make your head spin.
I’m a lifestyle blogger inspiring awesome women to organize, style and make the most of their every day.
I am a young professional, and I live in West Michigan with my husband and our puppy. I like to organize things, and I’m a Mexican food enthusiast- give me all the tacos and margaritas! My favorite yoga pose is tree pose because it requires focus, breath, and balance.
I started the Starry Eyed Blonde blog with the intention of sharing things I love with family, friends, and whoever else may want to follow along (hello, new friends). The name of the blog might confuse people who know me casually and have immediately caught on that I am organized and often very realistic. For those who may know me a little better, you may know that while I do maintain a realistic approach and outlook on life, I can get pretty starry-eyed when it comes to my ambitions.
Do you ever feel like you want to do all of the things? Yeah, me too. I love keeping busy and doing lots of things. Because of this, I sometimes overload my plate and my starry-eyed plans have to quickly change to fit a more realistic time frame. If you’re like this too, let’s connect—we can figure out how to fit it all in together!
Here are S E V E N things you may not know about me:
- I started blogging back in 2013, and my blog at the time was all about organizing.
- The Sound of Music is my favorite movie, because Julie Andrews. Duh. Oh, and the singing, obviously. I love watching this movie while eating Junior Mints and singing at the top of my lungs… while trying not to choke on the Junior Mints.
- I am a nationally certified Child Passenger Safety Technician. Huh? Yeah, I know. Nerd alert. I’m a car seat technician, and I volunteer at local events to educate parents and caregivers about proper car seat use for kiddos.
- I didn’t start wearing makeup until college. One day I woke up and thought to myself, “Self, you probably should start wearing makeup.” So then I took myself to the Clinique counter at Macy’s and asked for a tutorial. I’ve been making-up ever since, though I’m very much a minimalist.
- My weakness is ice cream. Now, I know what you’re thinking, “Come on, ice cream is everyone’s weakness. No big deal.” It can be a big deal if dairy makes you feel sick after eating it. Sometimes it’s worth the pain!
- I was always pretty convinced that I would never own a dog. You know that saying, “Never say never.” Yeah, well, we’re now fostering our second PAWS With a Cause puppy. His name is Bentley. (#dogmom 😉 )
- I spell my name the same way that Britney Spears spells hers. I guess that was the one thing our parents did the same. Also, my husband Mathew only has one “t” in his name. We were destined to be together from the start… Yes, his name is Mathew Crawley. Yes, we love Downton Abbey.
Still with me? Dang, I guess we should become friends! I’d love to hear from you- connect with me on your favorite social media platform or shoot me an email!