Hey there! I’m Britney, the starry-eyed writer behind this blog.
Starry Eyed Blonde is a place to share all things life, style, faith, and family.
My goal with my litte corner of the internet is to inspire balanced living, organized spaces, easy style, sharing ideas for living life well, and building a community that supports women and moms.
Ephesians 5:16 reminds us to, “Make the most of every opportunity because the days are evil.” Time can definitely get the best of me, but a life well lived is something I think we’re all striving for, and I think it works best when we do it together.
Most days you can find me with my planner in front of me, carefully ticking off my to-do list. I’m a self-described “Type-A creative.” I’m organized and detail oriented, but I’m also a dreamer with starry-eyed ambitions.
Right now I’m living my best life in West Michigan with my husband and our first baby. We live in a small ranch-style home in a cute neighborhood, close to friends and only a 10-minute walk from our favorite ice cream shop (location, location, location).
When I’m not busy mothering, blogging, or checking off my to-do list, I enjoy practicing yoga, reading, baking, and photography. Tacos are my love language. Tree pose is my favorite yoga position because it requires both focus and balance.
I’m most passionate about being a good wife and mother and serving others. To me, a life well lived means loving and serving those around me.
This blog is a tool I can use to serve you. If you’re like me, you’re probably trying to do all. the. things. Sometimes I overload my plate and my starry-eyed plans have to quickly change to fit a more realistic time frame. How do we balance getting things done and loving others? Where does self-care come in? How do I prioritize when everything seems urgent and important? Is it possible to be good at everything? How do these other women do it?
If these are things you’re trying to figure out too, then you’ve come to the right place.
I am not perfect. I don’t have it all figured out. I am not living a charmed life.
BUT, I am on a mission to balance living life and being present. Maybe we can figure it out together.
A quick note about sponsored content: Occasionally links will go through affiliate sites and I may receive a small commission based on your purchase. That said, I only choose content that I would post on regardless of affiliates and are things I truly love and am inspired by! All sponsored or collaborative posts will be noted directly in the post.
Here are S E V E N things you may not know about me:
- My very first experience with blogging was back in 2007. I was one of a small group of students chosen to take photos and chronicle college life for our school’s website.
- After college, I wanted to become a professional organizer. I started my first blog back in 2013 and it was all about organizing, and I shared my own organizing successes, before-and-after’s of client’s spaces and different ideas on how to keep things tidy.
- I didn’t have a very good fashion sense in high school and I didn’t really wear makeup either. It wasn’t until college when I really started to explore my personal style. When I was a freshman I thought it was probably “time” to start wearing makeup, but I didn’t really know what to do, so I went to Macy’s and asked the ladies at the Clinique counter for a tutorial. I’ve been wearing makeup ever since, but mostly I still don’t know what I’m doing. 😉
- I majored in Psychology in college and I’m a personality test nerd. Anyone else taken the Meyers-Briggs? I’m an INFJ.
- My name is spelled the same way that Britney Spears spells her name (the one thing our parents did the same). My husband Mathew also spells his name with only one “t” which is not the norm for either traditional spelling of our names. It was destiny from the start. Also, if you’re paying attention, yes, his name is Mathew Crawley. Yes, we love Downton Abbey.
- We don’t have any pets, but we did raise two PAWS With a Cause puppies. Tippy is now an assistance dog and Bentley is currently in training. We miss having a dog at home, but I don’t miss all the fur!
- I’m definitely an introvert and also a pretty private person. Blogging is so much fun for me and I really enjoy the content creation and writing aspects, but things like Instagram stories, networking, and sharing other things can be more challenging for me. It helps to interact with readers like YOU and your comments are like gold to me.
Phew! If you read all that and you’re still here, we should probably be friends! I’d love to hear from you, so send me an email, subscribe to the starry-eyed newsletter, and connect with me on your favorite social platform.